Noosa Arts Theatre Volunteer
Noosa Arts Theatre:
- Strives to –
- Be accessible for both patrons and those interested in the performing arts
- Offer a variety of high quality, good value theatrical experiences to people of the Sunshine Coast and to tourists
- Maintain and improve its theatrical venue so that it enhances the experience of patrons
- To grow the number of volunteers in all aspects of running the theatre
- To train and enhance theatrical skills and responsibilities in established and emerging artists, and future performing arts professionals
- Is a valuable community meeting place.
Our members are invaluable. They contribute in many individual ways to the cultural life of Noosa. Join us and support the performing arts on the Sunshine Coast.
Volunteer and Help behind the Scenes!
Don’t like being in the limelight? Many people are required behind the scenes to stage a theatre production.
– Set building: If you have some handy-man skills you may like to join a small team of people (who call themselves Secret Men’s Business) who build the sets for our productions. They work at the theatre each Tuesday and Thursday morning from 9am till noon and would be very pleased to have you come along and join them. If you would like any further information, contact Susan Dearnely on 0413 147 300.
– Props: Or you might prefer to help make some of the ‘props’ for the productions or manage them during a performance. Contact Susan Dearnley on 0413 147 300 for further information.
– Costumes, hair and make-up: There is always a need for people who are interested in costume designing and sewing. Also, during the shows, we sometimes need people to help in the dressing rooms with make-up and hairstyling or we may need dressers for cast members with quick changes. Contact Margaret Courtney on 0407 450 621 for further information.
– Technical stuff: The theatre has its own lighting and sound equipment. There are usually specialised technical requirements for every show so it is an ongoing commitment. Contact James Lownie on 0404 652 354 for further information.
– Front-of-house duties: This can be managing the seating of people, selling programs or raffle tickets or working in the bar. Qualified bar personnel are now required by the licensing laws, but training is provided. The overall commitment is generally small but there is a big impact. Contact AJ Widley on 0439 400 804 for further information.
– Box Office: also requires volunteers to sell tickets both during the day and also for the hour before each performance. This requires a reasonably good level of computing skills and a reasonable commitment! Contact Diana Thomson on 0410 631 003 for further information.
– Publicity is a major part of any organisation and even more so for a community group with limited resources, our publicity and marketing officer needs to be a team! Contact the theatre on 5449 9343 for further information.
– Back stage: People are always required backstage to change scenery, pull curtains, and be stage manager for the shows. Contact Susan Dearnley on 0413 147 300 for further information.
– And lots more… There is also a need for a variety of other skills from managing our Facebook page to generating newsletters to organising catering. The important thing is that you will become a part of this vibrant and friendly organisation. For general enquiries contact the theatre on 5449 9343.
Note: All volunteers are expected to become financial members.